We are looking for an ambitious, talented and creative part time design intern to support our team. You will be challenged with a high variety of creative projects and there is a lot of room given for own initiatives. Deadline to apply: the first of August
Get Me is a place for today’s activist. We are a community-driven, Rotterdam-based creative agency with global concerns and local impact. Here, ethics and aesthetics go hand in hand and the context drives the content. With projects such as HIPSTER/MUSLIM, VOTE and Catalyse, Get Me has proven itself as a platform for socially conscious projects that target and bring visibility to the new crop of creative urban youths.
(A)WAKE is the non-profit arm of Get Me. It is a movement composed of artists, designers, writers and entrepreneurs using their skills to take a stand against intolerance, economic precarity and fear of the ‘other.’ We are passionate about navigating the difficult terrain between between art and politics by curating cutting-edge, socially relevant cultural events that shatter stereotypes about race, gender and class. Where (A) WAKE creates a free space for experimentation, reflection and interaction, Get Me shapes profitable collaborations so we can exist without relying only on subsides.
MONO is our new HQ. At day time this space is the extension of your living room: a place to work, reflect and connect. (A)WAKE will host expo’s, talks, panels, dinners and festivals. During the weekend this place transforms into a club for the underground electronics.
Our ambitions are growing, and so is our collective. We are looking for an ambitious, talented and creative part time digital designer intern to support our team. You will be challenged with a high variety of creative projects and there is a lot of room given for own initiatives. The position is directly available and will be at least until January, but we are open to build up a long-term relationship and make you part of our collective.
We are looking for someone who;
– can identify with our movement;
– is sensitive to youth culture;
– is (society) critical;
– is at least available for two days a week;
– is flexible and collaborative ;
– has a strong interested in digital and graphic design;
– has experience in responsive web design, Adobe Software and/or Sketch;
– has an critical eye for typography and details;
– has a strong sense of colour and style;
– super organized and meticulous with detail and able to juggle numerous tasks;
– has a strong sense of responsibility and feels comfortable in working independently;
– is third- or fourth-year student or recent graduate;
– has an own laptop to work on;
– understanding Dutch is a pre;
We offer you;
– the chance to be part of a young and ambitious movement;
– the opportunity to grow with and within our collective;
– an environment supporting learning on the job and personal development;
– a place where you can easily plug-in or develop your personal projects and ideas;
– the access to an interesting and relevant network of young makers and thinkers;
– a broad scope of responsibilities;
– daily free fresh coffee and lunch in MONO;
– based on hours & experience – financial compensation
Are you interested and do you recognise yourself in this profile? Send us your CV, motivation, some work you really get inspirited by and some examples of your work via email@example.com. We look forward to telling you more about our exciting plans.
Put the words ‘Design internship’ in the title of the email. Please understand we often receive many applications for our positions — we simply cannot reply personally to everyone, even the most highly-qualified candidates. Deadline to apply: the first of August. We will get back to you the the 12th of August and the conversations are planned at the 22th and 26th of August.